Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Happy Birthday River!

On Friday my good friend Melissa flew to town from Chicago. On Saturday we celebrated my birthday in the grungiest (and most awesome) of fashions with SkeeBall and The Watchmen. On Sunday I turned 30 and spent my afternoon making cupcakes. On Monday we celebrated River's birthday with his toddler friends (16 in all). On Tuesday Melissa went home and River turned 2. You could say it has been a busy weekend.

The cupcakes were awesome, as were the blue and orange clown-faces on the kids who ate them. The google-eyed bubbles and fruit skewers (with straws) went over quite well. River is in love with the kitchen mommy and daddy made him. And I am ready for a long winter's nap. Here are some shots for your visual edification:









1 comment:

Mom said...

Awesome kitchen! Can I play with you, River?
Love,
Nanu