Saturday, November 17, 2007

glutton for punishment

Thom is home from a three day business trip to Amsterdam. River and I missed him terribly, and we are very happy to have him home. Unfortunately, because he had full days of meetings, the closest he got to the city was the bar at the airport Hilton. Fun.

Now that he's back I can turn my attention to planning for Thanksgiving. After all of the traveling we've done this year, I had kind of planned on keeping the day low key (perhaps even eating out!). For various reasons, none of our usual crew is coming to town this year, so I didn't have much reason to do a big shebang. Then I talked to the new neighbors--the J's--and they suggested we do something together, and I thought that was a great idea.

Of course, I can't do anything small, so it looks like I'll be making my usual eight course meal for the four of us (since the two babies won't be eating). The J's will be bringing a few dishes, but you know how it is... you have to have certain things at Thanksgiving or it just doesn't feel right.

This will be the first year I attempt something this massive with a baby around, so we'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Good luck this year! We are having thanksgiving at our house too. I won't have to compete with a baby but I still will be making a dozen different things for a small amount of people! Miss you! xoxo