Friday, February 23, 2007

Letter to the Sesame Seed--Week 36

Good Morning, Pookie!

We woke up very early this morning, didn't we? Hunger and an unsettled brain drove me from bed around 4:30am, but once I get some excess energy out I should be able to go back for a morning nap.

Your daddy's birthday is approaching and I've been trying to figure out what to get for him, so that had my brain going. We're also looking for a house cleaner to help out around here once in a while since I'm about as efficient in that department as a narcoleptic pirate lately (I'm not exactly sure how that description fits, but I don't imagine a narcoleptic pirate would be very good at vacuuming or laundry, do you?) Then there was last night's CSI running through my head, with the bloody crime scene and high school politics and generally disturbing images not conducive to sleep.

So, what I'm saying is I'm not surprised to find myself trolling the internet at this hour.

We've had a pretty good week so far, even with all extra mommy hormones wrecking havoc on my system. Yesterday I managed to avoid painful leg cramps and back aches almost entirely. We went to a yoga class and for the first time I felt like I had some kind of connection with the women there. I fulfilled my pledge to get out more this week (even just to run some errands and sit in a coffee shop) and it's made me feel much less stir-crazy.

And as for you, you're just getting bigger and bigger. Everyday you get a little more real to me, and I feel great waves of anticipation to finally meet you. In one more week your birth would be considered medically safe and viable--isn't that crazy? Earlier this week your daddy was having his nightly talk with you before bed and he said, "We can't wait to see you, but just don't come out for at least another week and a half." That kind of talk can send me spinning into a deliriously happy panic--a strange mental place, I assure you.

Of course, it's okay if you want to push it and decide to stay in there until week 41. You've got some comfy digs right now, so it must be tempting. I'll just say this: your grandmas might go insane if they have to wait that long to meet you, and insane grandmas can't lavish you with presents and affection.

Just something to think about.

I love you,
Mommy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Summer
I just wanted to post a message in case I don't get to talk to you before sesame seed decides to meet the world. I hope that Thom has a wonderful birthday and that you get to feeling better. Ryan and I will be thinking of you and wishing you a very fabulous birth experience. I will try to call again soon.
Love,
Mel