Monday, June 20, 2005

a world away


I spent the weekend on Maine's Frye Island at a working retreat with the cast and crew of Hal Harry Henry. This picture was taken from the deck of our host's house Sunday morning, and I love the way the sun reflects off the water. It almost looks like it could be the moon shining down.

I've been doing a lot of communing with nature lately, and what I've found out is that I'm very attractive to mosquitoes. In fact, I am a veritable buffet to our small blood-sucking friends.

Aside from the unsavory souvenir of mosquito bites, I came away from this weekend with nothing but good feelings. The cast bonded over meals, games, drinks, and work. I found out some surprising and beautiful things about the people I'm working with, and I have no doubt in my mind that this is going to be a challenging and rewarding experience.

No comments: