Friday, August 05, 2005

nah, they're not so bad...

I've had some time to reconsider my position on "people" and I'm on much better terms with them today than I was yesterday.

Last night, for instance, I went to see The Bad News Bears with a friend (his idea, not mine--though a surprisingly funny movie) and on my way into the theatre I noticed a security guard stop two kids outside the entrance. He was investigating something they were doing and just as I passed by, he broke into a full-bellied laugh.

"Go ahead. I want to see you try. You've got some balls, kid."

With a clearer view I saw the boys--both with pants and shirts about fifteen sizes too big for their scrawny bodies--attempting to conceal a 2 liter bottle of soda somewhere within their extra folds of fabric.

I passed by with a giggle and didn't get to see if they were successful in making it into the theatre with their secret stash or not. But that security guard made my day for letting them try.

No comments: