Thursday, March 01, 2007

sicky-pants

When Thom and I started trying to get pregnant I began taking the über pills otherwise know as prenatal vitamins. For over 9 months now the mega-doses of vitamin C included in my daily tablets have kept me illness-free--a really remarkable feat when you consider how often I get sick under normal circumstances.

Well, my illness-free streak has come to an end. No amount of boosted immunity could save me from the whopping cold I've had for the past three days. Thom suffered through a pretty miserable cold this weekend, and just as soon as it looked like I was in the clear, the nasty little virus took hold of me.

I hate being sick. I'm a big baby about the whole thing. But Thom is taking care of me--in fact he just stopped by to bring me some No Chicken Noodle Soup for lunch.

And Jenn sent me a great clip from YouTube to amuse me. Hopefully, this stays up long enough for you to check it out because it's hilarious--especially to an actor.

If you've ever been curious about how a great actor does what he does, here's Sir Ian MCKellen on "Extras" to explain it.

Now I'm going to go mope and use up another box of kleenex and another bag of lozenges...

No comments: