Sunday, November 19, 2006

busy week

Thom and I flew to Chicago this weekend on a whim and visited our good friends Ryan and Melissa. We attended their wedding just a few short months ago, and it looks they're settling into married life just fine.

Thom had a few meetings out there Monday morning, and since I'm not working on a show or film, it was easy enough for me to get away. It's been a long time since we've been able to be that spontaneous and I'm really glad we took the trip.

I love seeing Melissa in person. We can both get lazy about keeping up with news by phone, but even more than that, there's something about talking face to face with her that makes the conversations we have more substantial. I always walk away from those talks feeling a bit of catharsis.

After we returned home I got busy getting ready for hosting a houseful of people. After a day-long shopping adventure, a major kitchen overhaul, and a floor to ceiling clean, I finally feel ready for Thanksgiving. It seems like I've worked on a million projects these past two weeks--all of which have the added bonus of making the house baby-ready.

Thanksgiving is going to be fantastic this year with both sets of parents, my brother and niece, and my grandparents all in attendance. Kevin and Crystal will share hosting and cooking duties which should take some of the pressure off.

I'll pick up my mom tomorrow morning and the rest of the family will trickle in over the next few days.

I hope all of you out there are able to celebrate a wonderful day with family or friends!

No comments: