Sunday, September 21, 2008

Virtual tour

Well, we've managed to unpack about half of the boxes, and since we're no longer wading through the wreckage of moving (merely stepping in a pile of it every now and then), I thought I'd share some pics of our new home.

Here's the view from our front door. This is the living room which opens to a little office nook on the left and the bar on the right.




















Here's the office. It's a great space to land when we come in (drop mail, keys, and coats) and it's just big enough to house files and computer equipment.




















Next is the crowning jewel of the house. I think the decision to nix the planned fireplace and put in a bar speaks to how truly compatible Thom and I are. Our personal ads could have read, "Wanted: Soul mate who loves beer."




















Just beyond the bar is the dining room area, which looks into the kitchen. It's been great to have a space for our dinner table that doesn't make us feel like giants eating in a hobbit hole.

























Then comes one of my favorite rooms: the kitchen. I love the choices we made in here - cabinets, countertops, floors, and backsplash. Once we install a pantry in the corner, we'll have enough space for everything, but right now the cabinets are a bit overflowing.




















The stone and glass mosaic backsplash, which was the first thing I picked in designing the finishes.




















Next is a view of the hallway from our front door. On the right are doors to River's room and the second bathroom. I'm not thrilled with the color choice here. It came out more baby blue and less dusty than I imagined.

























River's room. In time, we'll move him downstairs and hope to turn this into a nursery. (I just realized how horrible that sounds. Images of Sloth shakled in his dark hole come to mind. Move over River! There's a new baby in town! Actually, the room downstairs is much more spacious and will be a nice change once he's ready for his big boy bed.)




















The second bath. The color is actually more rust in person. You can see the cats have already taken over this space.




























Here's our master bedroom. It's tighter than our last one, but the huge communal areas totally make up for lost bedroom space.




















The master bath. Two sinks and a jacuzzi tub. I love the tile, but the paint and decor need some work.




























So there's the first floor! The basement is still too cluttered for me to photograph. When we get some more unpacking done down there, I'll continue the tour.

3 comments:

Andy said...

The place looks awesome, Summer. Congratulations!

Cisco said...

Great looking house. Someday we'll visit...

Ashley said...

WOW! It is beautiful! Thanks for showing off pictures, I was dying to see the new digs. I love how River is sneakily in view for almost every picture!