Saturday, January 05, 2008

sweet cheesy goodness, we're home!

River took a real turn for the worse three days ago and got a really bad fever. I took him to the doctor, got him fixed up with antibiotics for whatever mysterious ailment he had, and now he's on the mend.

We flew home with auntie Crystal last night, and though he's very clingy, he seems to be feeling much better.

I can't tell you how happy I am to be home. Thom came to the airport at the asscrack of dawn to pick us up, and he drove us back to a clean house and some very happy kitties. In River's room he had used some foam blocks to spell "BIVER" and "SMUC", which I assume would have been "SMOOCH" if he'd had enough letters. (Sorry, Thom, I'm sure you'd prefer I kept that tidbit to myself. I just can't help sharing--it gave me such a big smile.)

Now River is taking the longest nap ever, and my but is glued to the couch while I watch my new Angel DVDs.

Happy New Year to you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm....didn't realize you were still out there. Welcome home,