- Beginning every conversation with, "No, I haven't had a the baby yet."
- Following up with, "I have no idea when. It's not up to me."
- Thinking about the fact that my dad leaves in two days and probably won't get to meet this grand-baby for another three months
- Feeling River get more and more clingy as he senses the approaching changes in our family
- Staying awake for hours in the middle of the night willing myself to have a contraction
- Knowing there is absolutely nothing I can do about any of this
I'm resigned to waiting, but I'm not happy about it.