Thursday, March 23, 2006

zombie children of the future

I have stumbled upon the most disturbing industry ever: Pageant Photo Retouching

These poor little girls... To take their cute, shining faces and smooth, cover, and enhance everything natural and human out of them. Maybe I'm naive, but I kind of like children to look like children. You know, instead of miniature ladies of the night.

One expert retoucher advertises "improvements" such as:
-Stray hairs removed
-Lashes added
-Eye liner added
-Facial powder added
-Skin blended
-Cheekbones defined
-"Doll Eyes" added
-Eye brows shaped
-Teeth straightened
-MOUTH REPLACED!

Here are a few samples of his work:
















Although, now that I think of it, this does pose some interesting possibilities for my headshots. With enough tweaking I could be made to look like Nicole Kidman or Natalie Portman. I'm sure that'd do wonders for my career--well, at least until I had to show up at auditions without enhanced cheekbones and major mouth reconstruction.

I supposed the next step (for me and these pageant beauties above) is to head straight to the plastic surgeon to manage all of those unphotogenic imperfections. So much easier than constantly having to retouch eyes that don't stare vacantly and lips that haven't been painted on.

2 comments:

Andy said...

These photos were actually, really scary. What are they thinking?? People should be proud of who and what they are...

Of course, I'm using a picture of "Evelyn Quince" as my Blog photo so I'm really not one to talk...

Anonymous said...

ohmygod, that's just alarming! Pedophiles would love these photo reconstructions. Parents who would do this need their head examined and a CPS investigation!